(VICT) Re: Buckley being aggressive......

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:49:36 -0700

Hello, Ladies,

It is interesting to read your posts about Buckley's behavior around
children because my first Labrador Retriever, Kenny, wasn't that crazy about
children, particularly, if they got too close to the front around the dog's
chest. Kenny groweled at one of my nephews when he was a toddler. I could
still see pretty well in my home at the time, and I was on that dog like a
heard of turtles. Needless to say, Kenny never groweled at a child again,
but I also tended to protect Kenny from having to put up with children too
much. He seemed to do better with children who were like 5 or 6 years old,
but not well with toddlers. I don't really know why, but that is how he was.

Kenny was a good guide dog, and, he, in fact, really taught me what it was
to get around with a guide dog.

Dianne and Primrose