(VICT) Re: Another BC in My Future

  • From: "Jo Clayson" <joclayson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:17:57 -0500

I've not seen or used the Urban Puppy material, but I've heard very good
recommendations about it from people who have used it.

I found a web site with lots of useful material and careful , small
increments in training that I found helpful.
http://www.dragonflyllama.com/%20DOGS/%20Dog1/levels.html

I got Kita as a pup, and though her service work is not guiding, she was
able at a fairly young age to be of some help.  I also think she learned a
lot from Zoomer.  I had Zoomer as a pup, but at that time didn't anticipate
training or using her for a service dog.  I have a friend with a Bernese
Mountain dog, and by the time the dog was 2 years was fairly competent at
guiding.  She had the dog as a pup and did most of the training herself.

Jo