(VICT) O_T Yellow jackets and the visit and interview

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:40:35 -0400

Hi everyone,

For those following the job hunting saga, that I and Judson have been going
through.

Well.... I went up and visited Utica today.  It is a nice little city,
though you can definitely see where it may have been once great.  Like a lot
of eastern and northern cities it is economically depressed.

The center I visited Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
is a nice little agency.  Everyone seemed friendly the agency was clean,
they had a large number of services and information.

However, the benefits and the wages are not what is usually offered in Blind
Rehab, and well, I am  not sure if I can actually afford to live in Utica.
I sat down and put together a budget, and well, it is EXTREMELY tight if I
were to take the job.  Also they are willing to pay half the wages of a
driver, I have to pay the other half, and they would pay mileage.  It
sounded like a wonderful job and a great place to work, except for the pay.
I am still applying and will keep it in the pool of possibilities.

So  I am still hunting, smile.

Well, we got home tonight, and I had a really nasty surprise when I came up
here to unpack.  I apparently am the not so proud owner of six yellow jacket
nests.  I had slowly crawling sluggish yellow jackets all over my floor and
climbing up the walls, we counted at least twenty in one window.

Dad came up here and sprayed, I need to wipe down all the furniture
tomorrow, and we swept up all the dead critters.  Dad also found where the
nests were and drown them in wasp poison, so here is hoping I don't get to
see any more of those critters.

Shiver.  Luckily it was cold today so they weren't moving very fast, but it
was quite a shock to say the least.

Smile.  So for now, I am still here in Corry, still volunteering for
Bookshare and hopefully will find a nice center based job, where I don't
need to worry about drivers.  I am thinking optimistically, smile.  Though
Itinerate work would not be bad at all.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx