(VICT) Nixon

  • From: "Jen&Nixon" <jenandnixon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 15:48:12 -0700

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am so glad I put in my application
to GDB about a month ago, as Nixon was acctually exhibiting signs of being
tired, and possibly stressed out with the changes in my life in the last six
months (He is 8 now). Last week, it hit me when I realized, he was really
showing signs of not finding work enjoyable any more. I am out and about
constantly during the week, and it will increase if the grant is approved
for my current part-time volunteer position to a paid full-time position.

Due to the safety concerns, especially traffic checks and how Nixon has been
trying to attempt to have me veer and cross intersections diagonally, I put
a call into graduate services last Thursday and spoke with Marc Gillard, who
sent a report to Brian Francis with a request for follow up. Friday, Brian
called me at work to discuss Nixon's work behavior concerns. He said he
would locate a staff person to co-ordinate scheduling for follow up and
also, my home interview, to get the ball rolling for me. Today, Monday, he
called again and said, "You know what... I am personally going to come up
and do the follow up and home interview." He will stay overnight and only
see me Tuesday morning of the 26th. Yes, next Tuesday.

I am nervous and somewhat concerned how things will pan out. In a way, I
knew the time for NIxon to retire was coming, but I wasn't prepared for this
at all! At least I will have my application in, and the director of Graduate
Services is coming out to do this himself.

I need tons of thoughts, as I am somewhat a "wreck" as Nixon and I have been
a "well-oiled" team for over six years, and we hardly experienced any guide
work issues, except for the concerns of the previous leather harness rubbing
on a bump he had and follow up was done, and a swiss harness was ordered for
him.

He is a phenomenal dog, but my safety is a priority, and how fast follow up
comes is quite a shock to me. I am impressed with the services!

Brian recommended, for the time being, due to concerns with safety is heel
Nixon when I feel he isn't focused, etc, use my white cane for the duration
of the time until he is up next week. Scary stuff!

Thanks for the support friends!

Jen and Nixon
Pampered Critters Pet and House Sitting Services
Prince George, BC
pamperedcritters@xxxxxxxxx / www.pamperedcritters.ca
<http://www.pamperedcritters.ca/>
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pamperedcritters