(VICT) Fw: Questions from a friend about her guide dog

  • From: "Karyn and Thane" <bcpaws4me@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vi-clicker" <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:51:52 -0800

Boy do I understand. I worked with Met for close to a decade and then got my
wild child! LOL
Being an incomplete quad I totally understand your hand and strength
limitations and especially the concerns of falling in winter time. When I
was first training with Thane I often said to myself- boy its a good thing I
am in this heavy power wheelchair! LOL
Its often very hard to do the right thing for yourself and your dog. A part
of you will probably always love Peggy, but you know in your heart that
right now Peggy needs a strong robust person at the helm. Mismatches happen
from what I have heard from others out there. I am just so sorry you have
had to go through all of this, but glad you are getting a class soon. Do
keep us updated on the new guy or gal in your life.
I'm doing my own re-training with Thane right now. 2 1/2 weeks sheltered
from the sounds and sights of the world have left his brains scrambled so
now that we can sort of get out, the dusty lesson books are being put back
to use to get this guy into tip-top working shape once again. Oh and our
muscles back into shape- Oh how I ache! Thane had a nice nap after our walk
today- no bouncing off the walls like he had been doing. Smile

Karyn and Thane

Karyn and Thane