[vetviewit] technical environments

  • From: Scott Ross <sr523@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 13:57:10 +0000

Hi Folks,
I wanted to kick off this list serv with an easy question.  First, for all
those who I haven't chatted with since the conference, HELLO!

What's everyone server environment looking like?  I know we discussed this at
the meeting, but my notes were poor and I am interested in knowing if anyone
made changes.  We moved away from a shared application infrastructure to having
one app server for our main sandbox that's used by our clients (in the past it
was shared across three different vetview environments - test, sandbox and
dev).  I think the specs to our hardware is still the same.

Here are the notes that Gabriel collected this past summer:

0.9.1 Cornell's system

0.8.2 K-State

Gabriel's PC in VV office

0.9.0.5 K-State

0.9.2.1 K-State

0.8.2 Auburn

pointed at K-State's DB

w/c3p0 plugin

6/12/13 @ 2:26

6/12/13 @2pm

6/13/2013

8/16/2013

12/12/2013

6/12/2013 @ 10:51

64-bit Windows 2008 VM with 6GB of RAM

Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows 7 64 bit SP1

Windows Server 2008 R2

RHEL 6.4 (linux)

jre 1.7.0_04

jre 1.7.0_10

jdk1.6.0_27

jre 1.7.0_10

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.11)

Tomcat 7

Tomcat 7

Tomcat 6

Tomcat 7

Tomcat 6

PermSize: 1024
Max Perm : 2048

PermSize: 512
MaxPermSize 1024

PermSize: 1024
MaxPermSize: 2048
Initial Memory pool:1024
Max Memory pool: 2048

PermSize: 512
MaxPermSize 1024
Java memory: 3,640 Mb

PermSize: 512
MaxPermSize: 1024
Initial Memory pool:512
Max Memory pool: 1024

Intel Xeon @ 2.67 2.67

Xeon E5649 @2.53

Intel i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz

Xeon E5649 @2.53

Intel Xeon E5-4640 @2.4Ghz

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
CORE 11.2.0.2.0 Production
TNS for Linux: Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

Oracle 11gR2

Oracle 11gR2

Oracle 11gR2

Oracle 11gR2

IIS 7.5 on top of Tomcat

No

1 shared environment, 1 isolated environment

We did not set Initial and Max Memory. Should we?

2 VV apps running in same jvm

Thank you!

Scott Ross
Programmer Analyst
Veterinary Medicine Information Technology
College of Veterinary Medicine
S1164 Schurman Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853