[vetviewit] Re: UVIS failure at NC State

  • From: "Christopher A. Gardner" <gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:38:12 -0500

Gabriel,

I have seen the request process get a little crazy when the space on a
lab tablespace gets tight and it can populate some
but not all the necessary tables during the request process.

Chris

Christopher Gardner
Database Administrator
College of Veterinary Medicine
Mississippi State University
gardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:  662-325-1301
>>> Gabriel G Beal <gbeal@xxxxxxx> 4/11/2014 1:58 PM >>>

Hey VetView IT List-

NC State is having a critical issue with UVIS Hospital talking to UVIS
Labs.  The issue is that, starting at around lunchtime, requests from
UVIS Hospital started showing up in UVIS Labs with missing test
names/identifiers. The lab isn’t able to see what tests were ordered.
As a result, they are receiving the samples without knowing what tests
to perform on them.  They’ve restarted everything and still the problem
persists.

We’ve not been able to get in touch with our resident UVIS expert
(Jeff). He may be on a plane.  We wanted to put out the SOS to the IT
listserv to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Gabriel Beal
VetView Support & Operations Manager
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Georgia