[vetviewit] UVIS failure at NC State

  • From: Gabriel G Beal <gbeal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vetviewit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:58:13 +0000

Hey VetView IT List-

NC State is having a critical issue with UVIS Hospital talking to UVIS Labs.
The issue is that, starting at around lunchtime, requests from UVIS Hospital
started showing up in UVIS Labs with missing test names/identifiers. The lab
isn't able to see what tests were ordered.  As a result, they are receiving the
samples without knowing what tests to perform on them.  They've restarted
everything and still the problem persists.

We've not been able to get in touch with our resident UVIS expert (Jeff). He
may be on a plane.  We wanted to put out the SOS to the IT listserv to see if
anyone else has experienced this.

Gabriel Beal
VetView Support & Operations Manager
College of Veterinary Medicine