[vanagon] Re: Exhaust Elbow Removal

  • From: Scott LeGear <scott_legear@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vanagon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 17:03:50 -0600

A "dremel" with an abrasive cutoff wheel can be helpful.   Soaking the
nuts and bolts with rust disolver may help, but since you probably need to
use new bolts anyway, cutting them off may be the simplest way.   There
are also "nut splitter" tools, but I've never used one of those and don't
know if you'd have the clearance required anyway...

- Scott

---   Other people are not your property. -  Roderick Long   ---