[va_co_birding] scratching the itch

Earlier this week I saw a Solitary Sandpiper in Charlotte County, which made
99 species for me there. I've taken a very casual approach to birding in
this county - since I drive across a bit of it every day to get to work,
I've just stopped occasionally to pick up a few species, or gone out from my
office during the day for a quick look around. But once I got to 99, I had
to scratch the itch & bump the list over the 100 mark. Although I was
babysitting much of the day today I did manage to get out and find #100. I
was hoping it would be something relatively decent, and it was...a
Yellow-throated Warbler. Also saw another Solitary Sandpiper.

Elsewhere, a flock of Bobolinks in a field not far from home (in Buckingham
Co.) was the highlight.

Anybody else hit any milestone totals lately (e.g. 100, 150, 200)? It's the
time of year for it, that's for sure.

Mike S.
cms@xxxxxxxxx

va_co_birding is hosted by FreeLists. To change your settings or unsubscribe,
visit www.freelists.org  To post to the list (subscribers only), send email to
va_co_birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx