[va-richmond-general] question on bluebird eggs

  • From: "Edwards, Susan" <EdwardsSu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:35:08 -0400

Only 2 of 6 bluebird eggs have hatched in the nest box on our property.
The 2 hatched on Sunday, and there hasn't been any hatching activity
since.  Is this common?  Any thoughts on why only 2 hatched?  I thought
perhaps the female has been leaving the nest frequently to feed the
babies so she hasn't been able to incubate the others.

Susan in Midlothian