[va-richmond-general] correction

  • From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:02:01 -0400

Thanks for the reply, Linda.  Actually the bird was already an adult when I
banded it in May 1998.  Thus it was born in 1997 or earlier, making its current
age 9 years old or older.  Will be sure to try for it each year until it fails
to show up.  Red-eyed vireos have a long migration route, wintering in South
America.  Pretty remarkable for such a small bird to have successfully made
that round trip so many times.

Bob

Okay, so it is 8 years old (2006 - 1998). Still quite an accomplishment. We
really appreciate the work you do. Hope the red-eyed vireo comes back in 2009
and sets a new record!

Linda Warfield