[va-richmond-general] Re: Whip-poor-wills

  • From: nancy.kitchens@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:19:41 +0000

The whip-poor-wills are talking up here in Doswell as well.  Last year was the
first year that they didn't hang around for long.  My neighbors have been
clearing even more of their "pesky underbrush" so I'm not very hopeful that
they will stay this year either.  I'll enjoy the chatter while it lasts!

Nancy Kitchens

-------------- Original message from "Kathy Kreutzer" <k-kreutzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi, last night there was definitely a whip-poor-will calling in the woods near
our house.    I thought I heard one over the weekend but was not sure due to
the intermittent rain.   I don't remember hearing them this early, either -
usually later in the season.

Kathy Kreutzer
Chesterfield