[va-richmond-general] Vote: Reply to All: Reply to Sender vs. Reply to All

  • From: "Diane Bumpass" <dbumpass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:12:29 -0400

I vote for "Reply to All".

All of the lists I belong to have this as the default.  I think the
assumption is that this is a group thing and the most common response will
be to the group.  We generally ask the group a question of interest to many
and want to hear from the group for the group.

People just need to remember that a reply to an individual requires cutting
and pasting to avoid private messages sent to the group and the
embarrassment of private messages gone public.  Every group I've belonged to
has someone responding to the group by mistake every few months and then
apologizing.  I think it just goes with the territory.

Diane