[va-richmond-general] Re: Tidbits - the wrens are here now

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:44:02 -0400

  Hi Kristi,

  That's a great idea!  I'll leave the nest they created in the bird shelter
and maybe they will roost in it.  It's a really lovely little creation, looks
cozy.  And I know what you mean about them being up and foraging; the other day
one was up at 5:30AM on the ground, trilling.  I was up and went to the window
to watch.  Carolina Wren triumphantly snatching what looked like a catepillar
from the ground and then disappeared into a leafy oak branch, presumably to
enjoy breakfast!

  Irene