[va-richmond-general] Re: Richmond Falcons

  • From: "Mary Davis" <madanthony3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:30:27 -0500

I'm sorry I've been remiss in keeping you all updated on falcon activity.  I
see at least one falcon almost every morning when I arrive at my office,
which faces their nestbox at about the same level.  Usually, the female is
perched on the balcony.  Monday, both male & female spent about an hour in
the afternoon perched up there.  Otherwise, they fly by or sit on another
building sign for a while.  This is definitely their home.  The problem for
me is that in January I will have to move from my current office to one on
the other side of the building.  I'll have a nice view of the river and will
probably still see falcons flying by; I just won't get to see them perched
on their nest box balcony or on other nearby buildings anymore.  Thank
heavens for the webcam.  Let's hope for a strong brood this summer!

Mary Davis