birder6@xxxxxxxx

Author: mboater@xxxxxxx
Date:   12-28-03 22:36

Fellow birders, I am writing to ask for your help with two matters:

First, I am in the process of compiling an annotated checklist of the
birds
of Lake Anna including the immediate surrounding counties of Louisa,
Spotsylvannia, Orange, Caroline, and Hanover. Please send me any
sightings
you have of birds in this area. Include in your sightings info species,
numbers,exact locations, date, and observers. I plan on publishing this
info
by the end of 2004.

Secondly, I am in dire need of participants for the Lake Anna CBC to be
held
on Sunday Jan. 4, 2004. This lake (the third largest manmade lake in VA)
has
historically produced many interesting Christmas Bird Count birds
including:
Red-necked, Red-throated and Eared Grebe, Harlequin Duck,Bald
Eagle,Rough-
legged Hawk, Lesser and Great Black-backed Gull, Short-eared Owl, Tree
and
Lark Sparrow, Lapland Longspur, and Snow Bunting.

What might turn up this year is anybody's guess...what a better way to
start
your New Year than birding one of Virginia's premier birding spots!!!
Please
contact me using the information below if you would like to help us out
this
year...we only have about 6 birders covering 7 teritories at this
point...PLEASE HELP US!!

Good Birding and Happy New Year to All!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Michael R. Boatwright
177 Sugar Mill Drive