[va-richmond-general] It's never too late to support the Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory

  • From: "JANICE FRYE" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:12:19 -0400

The Kiptopeke Challenge bird-a-thon is the day after tomorrow on the Eastern
Shore of Virginia.  You still have time to support their many research
projects with a pledge-this is their main source of funding for work like
songbird banding (i.e. Jethro Runco and Co.), hawk watches, butterfly
tagging and counts, etc.  If you do not know anyone who is participating,
Allen Larner and I will be very happy to forward your tax-deductible
donation in any amount to the CVWO in support of the Augusta Bald Eagles
team.  Some people pledge a flat amount and some pledge a per species
amount.  If you can't donate to the CVWO now, please consider sending them
something later on when you can.  After all, their work goes on year-round,
not just in September.  CVWO is on the web, and I can give you my mailing
address if you want to send a pledge now or next week.  Probably mid-day
tomorrow is the latest I will be at my computer.  Good birding all!

Jan

804-393-0463