[va-richmond-general] Henricus

  • From: ben saunders <betsyben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:47:58 -0400

        Henricus was quiet for our regular RAS walk today. We identified
only 47 species.  However, what we saw was good. We had a very
     close  look at  a  male Prothonatory Warbler as he landed only feet
from where we stood.  We also had  good looks
        at a singing female Redstart and a most obliging White Eyed
Vireo.  We watched a Red Winged Blackbird harass an immature Bald
         Eagle...and win. At one point we had male and female Blue
Grosbeaks and an Indigo Bunting  in the scope at the same time.  The
                   Green  Heron did a  flyby as we stood on the second
platform. But the best bird of the day  was the Least Bittern. It flew in
front
        of the  second platform and dropped into the marsh...just as Al
War field pulled off in his car.   (Sorry, Al.)

        Betsy and Ben Saunders