[va-richmond-general] Harrison Lake Easter morning paddle

  • From: "Kacmarcik" <kacmarcik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:46:38 -0500

2 birders donned their fleece Easter bonnets and paddled all of Harrison Lake
this morning. Although the sun didn't shine the winds were calm and not a drop
of rain fell. We tallied 35 species in all and saw a lot of beaver activity
along the shoreline and emerging buds on trees and bushes. The lake level was
quite high making it easy to navigate in the back among the gum trees. We
really thought we heard a Yellow-throated warbler call 2x-but wanted to hear it
at least one more time or see it-neither of which happened......
Highlights:

Wood Duck (many)
Mallard
Black Duck