[va-richmond-general] Harrison Lake, Charles City County 24 August 2010

Couldn't resist putting the kayak in the water today with the temperatures at last "dipping" into the 70's. Pretty much had Harrison Lake to myself with the exception of a Bald Eagle that seemed to play leap frog with me as I paddled into the maze of Gum trees in the back reaches of the lake. Had a couple rattling Kingfishers scouring the lake and turtles dropped off logs into the water as they sensed my approach. The beavers have been busy-I saw at least 3 active lodges with fresh larder. Cardinal flower gave little bursts of red along the shoreline.  Here's a list of the birds.. (more heard than seen) and a few images of the afternoon.

Bald Eagle

Broad-winged Hawk

Turkey Vulture

Black Vulture