[va-richmond-general] Great Morning for Birding

  • From: s.ridd@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:16:56 +0000

The Birds of Bryan Park                                            Sept. 4, 2005
We were treated to a long look at a cuckoo and an immature sharpy. One
long-winded nuthatch helped everyone get that song memorized. Several observers
saw Hummingbirds chasing small birds (like Goldfinches) across the Meadow on
three occasions. And the Robins and Mallards were in their ?grunge? look. A
Northern Waterthrush and Spotted Sandpiper were also seen on the August walk. A
Red-tailed Hawk was also observed above the coffee shop.         Our best, Sue

Species:
Pied-billed Grebe
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron