[va-richmond-general] First Wood Thrush of the year ...

  • From: Gwbirds37@xxxxxxx
  • To: luke@xxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:23:32 EDT

singing outsid my bedroom window at 5:45am this morning in Hanover Co. In
2002 DOA here was 4/20; in 2003 it was 4/26. We typically have 2-3 pairs
nesting
on our property.

There is no better way to awaken than to their flute-like song - it always
means to me that Spring is truly here, and I always feel a sense of relief that
these birds have made it back here once again.

Gerry Weinberger
Doswell