[va-richmond-general] Dutch Gap today

  • From: "Bob Reilly" <rjreilly@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 17:33:33 -0400

Finished cleaning out, and repairing as needed, the 120 prothonotary warbler
nest boxes at Dutch Gap today (up from 100 last year). No sign of any
prothonotaries there yet, but the boxes are ready and waiting.  The older
males should start arriving within a week.  Did note approx 20
yellow-throated warblers singing away while I was making my rounds of the
boxes.  Also heard my first white-eyed vireo of the season..

Bob Reilly