[va-richmond-general] Black Terns at Henricus 8/1/04

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:11:24 EDT

Gerry Weinberger and I tried the ash pond from 8 - 8.45, with no  luck.
After Gerry left I headed over to the boardwalk and stopped on the  bluff to
look
along the river.  Three breeding plumage Black Terns flew  purposefully down
river.  I tried returning to the ash pond in case they  were there, but they
weren't.  I also tried the first overlook off the back  trail (where the seat
is), no luck, then back to the ash pond again, still no  luck.  I met Arun Bose
returning from the second blind, he had not seen  them at all.

Wendy Ealding
Chesterfield County