[va-richmond-general] Audubon Picnic

  • From: "Nelda Snyder" <snyderfolks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:35:19 -0400

This Saturday is the day!  The annual picnic!  See Thrasher for details or call
us (Nelda and Buz  795-1446).

We plan a walk around 8am--will have coffee ready, too.  More walks later, if
you wish.

On the way in our road, Arrahatteck Trail, pause as you come through the power
line clearings to check what's there---Indigos, hawks, turkey (babies?) and
others.  Some may be flying across the road further in.

At the house, the red bellies and downies are feeding their young on the deck
feeder.  The great blue may be fishing at the lake.  Scarlet and summer
tanagers have been heard in the uphill yard.  Maybe the eagles will grace us
with their searches.  The blue grosbeak seems to have left.  The woodthrush
sings a lot.

Swimmer?  Bring your suit.  We have a bathhouse with changing rooms and
"facility."

Fisherperson?  Bring your gear for the bass.  We have canoes here.

If the weather looks bad, call to see if the rain date (Sunday) will be
scheduled instead.

See you Saturday!

Nelda and Buz

Nelda Snyder