[va-richmond-general] Ashland Trolley Line Birding 4/26 - 4/28

  • From: "Bob Cole" <plmhp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:09:00 -0400

The migrants are trickling in. In the last 3 days we've seen:
oven bird
blue-winged warbler
prothonotary warbler
palm warbler
blue headed vireo
yellow-throated vireo
female ruby throated hummingbird on a nest
red-eyed vireo
house wren
blue-gray gnat catcher
black-throated blue
common yellowthroat
hooded warbler
indigo bunting
swamp sparrow
American redstart

Heard
Northern Parula

We've also got nesting red-shouldered hawks, 3 active great blue nests, nesting
bluebirds, at least 2 chickadee nests and Canada geese with goslings

Regulars
wood ducks
mallards
Carolina wrens
blue jays
towhees
 etc.

Misc
we got to watch a beaver standing and bathing and eating and also located a
raccoon sleeping in a tree nest.

Hope to see you on the Richmond Audubon walk at our place this Saturday, 4/30.

Bob and Linda Cole