[va-richmond-general] Allen's Hummingbird Chester, Virginia December 1, 2010

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richmond Birds <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Virginia Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:25:19 +0000 (UTC)

The Allen's Hummingbird first spotted Nov. 20 continues to be very active in
our yard. Last night we had heavy, heavy wind with many branches down followed
by horizontal rain into the morning, The little girl was at the feeder this
morning (December 1) at 7:30 feeding heavily and hanging on as the wind blew
the feeder.

Several folks have come out to see her. Seems as though early morning is the
best. If you come, please park on the road and do not ring any doorbells or
knock due to night shift working and sleeping during the day. Let me know how
your visit went. Thank you.

Julie Kacmarcik

Chester