[va-bird] Re: [va-bird

  • From: "Suzanne Richman" <suzanne_richman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mxbender@xxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:29:59 -0500

Is anyone planning to scope out the Snowy Owl at Dulles this weekend? Some neighbors of mine, who are new birders are going to try to find the owl and other birders standing at the correct viewing area would make it easier for them. Thanks.

From: mxbender@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [va-bird] Re: singing phoebe - then security run-in
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:31:09 +0000

Sue (and all),

I also saw and heard my first Eastern Phoebe of the spring this morning. It was at Sunrise Valley Park in Reston.

Shortly thereafter, I was accosted by a security guard from an adjacent office building who accused me of being on their property (I wasn't) and then told me I couldn't look toward or at the building with binoculars. I told him that this was a public park and that what he was saying was absurd, but he told me that he'd call the police if he saw me doing it again.

Nice way to start the spring, eh?

(By the way, I also saw an Eastern Meadowlark there about a week ago.)

Matthew Bender
Reston, VA