[va-bird] cowbirds don't stay put in my yard all summer

"It seems that since they stick around one yard the  whole breeding season,
they have ample opportunity to monitor the various nests  they have left eggs
in."

This sentiment does not apply equally to all yards.  The cowbirds are  long
gone from my yard by mid-July, not to be seen again until the next  March.

Additionally, I don't believe cowbirds--or any animals, except some
humans--are "retaliatory".

Considering that "no one saw the vandals", blaming cowbirds for the
vandalism is totally without merit.  Hard data shouldn't be that  difficult to
obtain
(for instance, a remote camera could be set up by a box) and  without it,
there is really no point in this discussion.

Sincerely,
Marlene

Marlene A.  Condon (Author, The Nature-Friendly Garden, Stackpole Books,
2006)
Nature Writer/Photographer/Speaker
Crozet, VA 22932-2204
E-mail:  MARLENECONDON@xxxxxxx