[va-bird] Snowy Owl 6:50am Dulles

  • From: "Jodi Bucknam" <jodibucknam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:53:10 -0500

Va-birders,

Scott Baron and I found the Snowy Owl at Dulles Airport again this morning at ten minutes before 7:00. He was NNW from the usual corner of the parking garage, on the other side of the cargo building. I'd say he was about half a mile away, near some FedEx planes. He was perched on a low black or dark brown sign that had a yellow Z on it. We watched for maybe fifteen minutes, during which time the only movements observed were head turnings and occasional wing or feather fluffs. Eventually the cold (and yes, the need to head to work) drove us back into our car. What a way to start the day, though!

Jodi Bucknam
Reston (Fairfax County), VA