[va-bird] Proposed bill for Sunday hunting

  • From: "Tom & Lynda Blair" <tomlyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-bird" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:29:04 -0500

Fellow Birders,
It has come to my attention that there is going to be a bill brought before the upcoming General Assembly that will allow hunting on Sundays in Virginia.
This is of great concern to birdwatchers and hikers, etc. because Sundays are the only days in which we can safely go into natural areas to birdwatch or enjoy the outdoors without the fear of being shot accidentally by hunters.
Please contact your Delegate or State Senator if you are against this amendment.
Here is some info on the proposed bill..
Thanks,
Lynda Blair
New Kent County
VA
HOUSE BILL NO. 1639
Offered January 10, 2007
Prefiled November 16, 2006
A BILL to amend and reenact § 29.1-521 of the Code of Virginia, relating to hunting on Sunday.