[va-bird] Re: Peregrine nest at the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, Alexandria

  • From: Paula Sullivan <paula.sullivan2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bfarron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:53:31 -0400

Barbara,

If you go to the Center for Conservation Biology's Falconcam, you can watch live images from three nest sites in Virginia, with a fourth (the one in the Shenandoah NP) coming soon. http://www.ccb-wm.org/ vafalcons/falconcam/falconcam.htm I understand that the Peregrines are no longer nesting at the McGuire Woods, but at another nearby building. I don't know its name. You can look in on the activities of this Richmond nest at the Falconcam web site. The cute little ones seem to be coming along well. The nest at the James River Bridge has young too, but the parent is still sitting on eggs at the Cobb Island nest. Take a look. The nestlings are really fun to watch.

Paula Sullivan
Alexandria

On Apr 30, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Barbara Farron wrote:

Paula's post has reminded me to ask if anyone knows anything about the falcons which have nested at McGuireWoods in the past. I miss watching their nestlings grow up on camera!