[va-bird] Osprey in Lynnhaven, 13 Jan

  • From: Dave Hewitt <dhewitt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 10:35:46 -0500

On Friday, 13 Jan, we spotted a lone OSPREY perched atop a piling in Long Creek, just east of where the creek joins the Lynnhaven River. It looked a bit confused sharing the creek with Buffleheads and Red-breasted Mergansers. Despite the good weather and a reasonable search throughout Long Creek, we didn't turn up anything else of note.

Dave Hewitt
Gloucester, VA