[va-bird] Nothing new ad Dyke Marsh for me

  • From: Jim Poor <jtpoor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:23:49 -0400

I'd like to say it was because I wouldn't recognize much, but the fact was that by the time I got there, the most interesting thing going on was that the ducks were swimming where picnics are supposed to take place.

Lots of storm damage and litter all over from the river. I guess that's one way to get it cleaned out.

Lots of Swallows, a few Osprey (one seemed really distressed and confused) DC Cormorants, that's about it.

Anybody know how long the birds 'blown off course' are likely to be around? It will be Tuesday before I can spend any serious time looking, and I'm thinking that will be too late.

Jim Poor
Fairfax