[va-bird] Mossy Creek WildLife Viewing Area in Jefferson City & Cherokee Dam between Jefferson & Grainger County. From, Shane Adams

Va-Birders: ( Mossy Creek WildLife Viewing Area in Jefferson City & Cherokee
Dam between Jefferson & Grainger County ),
This morning on Sept. 8 2003 I went to Mossy Creek Wildlife Viewing Area &
Cherokee Dam in Jefferson & Grainger County here is what I saw today:

Viewing Blind 1

Sharp-Shinned Hawk

Green Heron ( at Viewing Blind 2 )

Great Blue  Heron ( also at Viewing Blind  2 )

Belted KingFisher ( catching eating minnows  my brother Dennis saw )

Viewing Blind 2

Mallard Hens ( also at the TVA boat dock beach area between Jefferson &
Grainger Counties looking for food )

Killdeer

Cherokee Dam  in Jefferson & Grainger Counties :

3 Ring-Necked Ducks ( and 1 flying passed Viewing Blind 2 @ Mossy Creek in
Jefferson City ) ( sitting on the bank right of the dam and facing the picnic
area )

3 Smart Pesky Crows ( Flying )

Turkey Vultures ( Flying )

Shane Adams