[va-bird] List tips & test

  • From: "P R Mocko" <paulbirds19@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:36:59 -0500

Dear VA-Birders,

I had to test posting to the listserv this morning, so I include these short tips:

1. Always "sign" your posts with your first & last name and location. Be sure the location of your report is either in the post body or the signature block. This is vital for subscribers chasing your report, the person collecting input for the "North American Birds" report for the Middle Atlantic Coast and the eight regional editors for "Virginia Birds".

2. If you require account maintenance, the email address for VA-bird commands differs from the posting email address. See the bottom of every VA-Bird post for these email addresses.

3. To "set vacation" or "unset vacation" use the email address listed for "unsubscribe".

Good birding,

Paul Mocko
Co-owner, VA-Bird listserv