[va-bird] Huntington Creek etc...

  • From: "Kevin Shea" <kmichaelshea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:14:57 -0400

I made a brief stop at Huntington Creek during high tide this afternoon (around 1700-1800). Laughing Gulls were flying overhead in good numbers. I'm a bit under the weather at the moment so I'll keep this post brief and just fill in what I can remember seeing.

Pied-billed Grebe
Double-crested Cormorant
Mallard
Wood Duck
Canada Goose
Laughing Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Greater Black-backed Gull
Greater Yellowlegs
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron
Red Shouldered Hawk
Sharp Shinned Hawk
Kingfisher
Mourning Dove
Rock Dove
European Starling

I'm sure I saw lots of other great stuff too (insert sarcasm here), but I'm a bit foggy at the moment and will be hitting the cold medicine shortly.

By the way, is the Grebe early?

Kevin