[va-bird] Re: Greater White-Fronted Goose, Loudon County Sod Farms...

  • From: Susan Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:27:13 -0500

All,

I went looking for this goose this morning and found it with about 200 Canada Geese at a retention pond at the corner of Pleasant Valley Road and Middlesex Drive. To reach the spot, coming west on Rt. 50 from Rt. 28, go past the light for Pleasant Valley Road and take a left at the second light for Pleasant Valley Road (very confusing but there are actually two lights for this road on Rt. 50). The sod farm where Doug saw the goose will be on both sides of the road. I saw it further up where I turned right onto Middlesex Drive. The pond is on the left after you turn onto Middlesex Drive.

Sue

--
Susan A. Heath
George Mason University

Secretary, Virginia Avian Records Committee
Keeper, Virginia Comp List at www.virginiabirding.org