[va-bird] Re: Early Junco at Algonkian, Loundoun County

  • From: Allen Hart <hartal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: billbr50@xxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:37:43 -0400

I saw two birds flying into a bush in my neighbors back yard yesterday, and the flash of white along the outside of their tails screamed Dark-eyed Juncos, but I dismissed it, thinking it was too early. Perhaps it was not too early after all.

WILLIAM Brown wrote:

I led a small group of beginning birders on a two-hour walk at Algonkian Golf Course and Park today and we came upon my first Dark-eyed Junco of the season. Other highlights of the trip include an Osprey flying over the Potomac and 20 or more Eastern Bluebirds, the product of a very successful breeding season at the golf course. Birds seen today (some over the Potomac) include: