[va-bird] Eagles in Highland County+ Wind Farm Proposed

This is the first time I've submitted, so please let me know if I'm
doing this right.  Both eagles were spotted at my home on Bear Mt. in
Highland Co. on Sat. Oct. 11- 2 mature Bald Eagles and 1 immature
Golden, which flew right over the house.   I've seen lots of Balds this
fall, but this was the first Golden.   Our farm is now on the Va.
Birding and Wildlife Trail.  Come visit!  Also, the threat is imminent
for the construction of wind farms here in Highland.  We're meeting to
form some sort of study group.  We need all the birder support we can
get to either block this or reconsider some of the sites. Please respond
if interested to bear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Patti Reum and Tom Brody
Bear Mountain Farm and Wilderness Retreat
Hightown, Virginia
540-468-2700
www.mountain-retreat.com