[va-bird] Dyke Marsh for 10 March

We got  good indicators today that spring is on the way:  Red-breasted
Mergansers on the river, Tree Swallows doing a preliminary investigation of the
nest boxes to the north of Haul Road, and an Osprey circling in the sky.  It
was sunny, perhaps in the 50s, but very windy (which kinda suppressed the
passerine count).  We didn't even get American Goldfinches today.  So, a
special thank you to the towhee and catbird that showed up on Haul Road.
Species count:  45.
There were over 30 participants today, with the Friends of Dyke Marsh briefly
teaming up with the One Good Tern group.

P-billed Grebe-   3
GB Heron-   7
Canada Goose-   600
Gadwall-   15
Am. Black Duck-  2

Mallard-  110
Northern Pintail-  3 ( a drake with two hens in tow)
Gr-winged Teal-  10
Ring-necked Duck-  18
Lesser Scaup-  38

Bufflehead- 6