[va-bird] Dutch Gap

  • From: "Lee Adams" <ladams42@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "VA Bird" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:41:39 -0500

I stopped by Dutch Gap this afternoon on my way home from SC. Ring-necked ducks, Widgeons, Shovelers, Gadwall, Mallards and Wood ducks were swimming in that red muck, along with Canada Geese. There were two Great Blue Herons, a Belted Kingfisher ...and, the American Bittern was right in the spot previously described between the two observation platforms. I missed it on the drive in but it was moving so I saw it on the drive out.

Lee Loudenslager Adams
Fredericksburg, VA
ladams42@xxxxxxx