[va-bird] Cooper's, Orange-crowned

  • From: Renée <rlhudgins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:36:30 -0500

For the last week or more, a Cooper's Hawk has made daily visits to my backyard. She has nailed at least two Mourning Doves, one of which I witnessed. At first I was impressed by her presence, but I am beginning to tire of her terrifying the song birds! I hope she moves on soon.

On a lighter note, I have a new yard bird that has just begun to come to my suet feeders - an Orange-crowned Warbler! (Is it your warbler Bob?)

Good birding,
Renee Hudgins
Virginia Beach