[va-bird] College Creek Hawkwatch

Tom Armour and I were finally rewarded, over the weekend, for our patience
and perserverance over the past 2 weeks, at College Creek Hawkwatch, when there
have been few birds and mostly poor weather for migrating. The total for April
3 & 4, despite high winds and cold temperatures, was 139 and was, as usual,
mostly Turkey Vultures, in some of their impressive gliding formations of 5 or
more birds. The largest flock was 20. A few immature Bald Eagles have been on
the move, lately, along with Ospreys, a few Northern Harriers, Sharp-shinneds
and an American Kestrel yesterday. Oddly, no Red-taileds for more than a week.

Brian Taber
Coastal VA Wildlife Observatory