[va-bird] Re: Brown-headed Nuthatch, Fairfax County (again)

  • From: Paula Sullivan <paula.sullivan2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sue Heath <sheath@xxxxxxx>, VA Birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:32:58 -0500

VA-birders,

No luck in finding that Brown-headed Nuthatch, but may try again tomorrow. Shortly after Sue left, a "murder of crows" began an enormous commotion above the ridge line where the park borders the old reformatory. We assumed they were mobbing a hawk, but much to our amazement a coyote finally came trotting along the ridge line as the crow excitement abated. The coyote continued through the woods, parallel with the road into the park, and I did my best to keep up with it for better looks and a possible photo until my "life coyote" finally outran me.

Paula Sullivan
Alexandria