[va-bird] Bobolink, Ruby-throated Hummingbird and Yellow-billed Cuckoo in western Loudoun

Yesterday afternoon, about 5 pm, I observed an immature (in fall plumage)
BOBOLINK in the weedy field on Ebenezer Church Rd (rt. 779) across from Legacy
Farm.   It responded to pishing and came to w/in 50' of where I was standing.
Fall immature Bobolinks are very attractive birds and this one was no exception
w/ strong, distinctive striping on its back and fine faint streaking on its
buff-yellow breast (& sides).   A very vocal House Wren also responded to my
pishing in the same location.

On the same walk I also heard a Yellow-billed Cuckoo in the woods near my home.

This morning I saw a single (prob. an adult) female Ruby-throated Hummingbird
at my feeder.

Joe Coleman
near Bluemont, VA
540-554-2542 or jandkcoleman@xxxxxxxxx