[va-bird] Re: Birding Ethics + Purple Finches

  Val, when exactly were you deputized?

  I once saw you chase a little old man away from the area outside your
fancy water feature at Fort Smith Park - he was quietly collecting
fallen leaves that he planned to press, but you thought his presence
might be disruptive to the birds coming to drink (even though you had
just taken a break from weeding the very same garden). Why??????

  Now regarding you're response to Mr. Parkins post from Rectortown -
whether or not it was wrong for Mr. Parkin to wander a few feet on to
private property to satisfy his harmless curiosity of the pavillion, is
NOT the issue with me. You pointing it out IS.
  If you have a gripe WITH HIM, take it up WITH HIM, and spare the rest
of us your self-righteous ramblings. Most of us VA-birders are quite
capable of doing the right thing without you constantly reminding us
what it is.

  All you're missing is a toy badge from an old Cracker Jack box...

  Oh, almost forgot. I've had a flock of 60+ Purple Finches at my
feeders for the past few weeks.

  Very sincerely,
  Ian C. Topolsky
    Ruth, VA