[va-bird] ASNV in PW County

Did some birding today w. Susan Haskew, Helen Nissani and Scott Priebe,
members of Audubon of Northern VA. We started off at Leesylvania St. Park and
saw
many of the usual suspects. L. SCAUP and COMMON MERGS on the river, two DC
CORMS flew by, heading south to get away from tonites frigidaire. A male E.
BLUEBIRD was singing and displaying - guess he didn't get memo. A very
cooperative
HERMIT THRUSH posed 10' up in a small tree just off our path for excellent
views.

We next went over to Julie Metz where the highlight was....PEEPERS! Singing
as the snow came down -  a few sparrows, SONG, SWAMP & TOWHEE, PILEATED WP -
pretty quiet overall.

Helen left and Susan, Scott and I carpooled to the PW Dump where we saw no
unusual gulls. Then over to Possum Point Rd. where we had some of the days
better birds. TRUMPETER SWANS(30), PINTAILS(30), HOODED(6) & COMMON MERGS(20)
and a
couple of WOOD DUCKS and a few BLACK DUCKS were on Quantico Creek. KILLDEER
were heard, but not seen. On the Possum Point power plant waste pond we found
about 100 RING-NECKED DUCKS, some L. SCAUP  and 6 or 8 BUFFLEHEAD. BALD EAGLES
are on their nest at Possum Point.

Rich Rieger