From: Mark Adams <markadamsphd@xxxxxxxxx>
To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:43:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [va-bird] 6 Anhinga, Southampton County

VA birders,

Since we were in the Emporia area on Saturday (3 June)
afternoon, Laura Long and I stopped by the Bellyache
Swamp location in Southhampton County where Brenda
Tekin recently reported a male ANHINGA. We arrived at
approx 05:45 p.m. and, to our great surprise, found
not one but 6 ANHINGA (5 males, 1 female) perched in
the trees, all within easy sight east of the road (Rt
661, Old Church Rd).

Mark Adams
Charlottesville

All on demand. Always Free.